Emdash offers custom group and individual workshops so you’re ready for the next crisis or opportunity.
For 15 years, our agency has been training and coaching leaders and changemakers from coast to coast to coast. We’ve helped our friends through tough media storms and helped them grow their impact through stronger strategies and on-camera performances.
If a journalist calls and wants answers, or you’re gearing up for your next pitch, we will get your confidence level up and help you navigate a dynamic media environment. Emdash has trained dozens of organizations — big and small — and we’ve developed a process that can fast-track your media journey.
Who is this training for?
This workshop is perfect for individuals or teams in roles such as:
- Executive Director
- Director of Communications (PR, Engagement)
- Communications Officer
- Campaign Manager
Please note that Emdash does not generally provide training for the private sector, and instead we focus our efforts on organizations such as:
- Nonprofits and NGOs
- Indigenous organizations
- Membership organizations and associations
- Charities and foundations
- Education and research groups
- Environmental groups
Where do you do the training?
We offer online workshops and have Emdash team members in BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, and Nova Scotia. We have also gone as far as Iqaluit to deliver media training — we don’t mind travelling!
What does the training include?
All of our sessions are customizable to the realities of your day-to-day work. Topics may include:
- Working within Canada’s diverse media landscape
- Understanding journalists’ motivations and challenges
- The role of a communications/media relations office
- Preparing for media interviews and developing key messages
- Strategies for handling tough and sensitive questions
- On-camera interviews with playback and tailored feedback (optional)
We also offer a separate Advanced Media Relations training if you’d like to take things to the next level.
How much does it cost? How can I book?
Provide us with some info about your needs here and we’ll be in touch with a custom quote shortly.
published January 24, 2018